Be a Good Steward: 10 Tips for Trail Riding on Public Land
|Photo credit: thehorse.com|
- Carry a manure fork, muck bucket, and garbage container in your trailer.
- Encourage your horse to walk forward when defecating on the trail.
- Teach and encourage your horse to ride through puddles.
- In the parking area, avoid driving your truck and trailer over vegetation or into sensitive areas or widening parking areas in any way.
- Cross water bodies single file to avoid widening areas further.
- If possible, avoid tying your horse to trees or vegetations that he can damage.
- Observe wildlife from a distance.